Many homeowners pay close attention to the temperature inside their homes. They set the thermostat with comfort and energy savings in mind. But too many homeowners fail to realize the important role their indoor air quality plays in the health, comfort, and safety of their family members. Indoor air quality is 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air on average.
If you have family members who suffer from asthma, allergies, or other respiratory issues, or you’re noticing excess dust or high humidity levels, you could benefit from having indoor air quality equipment installed in your home. From whole house air purifiers to humidifiers and everything in between, the indoor air quality specialists at Armor Air can provide and install a variety of indoor air quality products to keep your family safe and healthy throughout the year. Contact Armor Air to schedule an appointment.
Indoor Air Quality Testing
One of our most beneficial services is indoor air quality testing. Our testing service includes a visual inspection, air monitoring, and a complete evaluation of your HVAC system to measure the air. The results will show levels of indoor air pollution, contaminants, allergens, and other allergens in your home that can be harmful to your health.
A typical air quality test focuses on the following:
- VOC content
- Levels of particulate matter
- Air Quality Index (AQI)
Based on the results of the indoor air quality testing, our technicians will recommend any necessary services and equipment that can improve your home’s air quality. For example, if there are high levels of contaminants such as dust and allergens in the air, we may recommend installing a whole-house air purification system.
The air in your home can be heavily contaminated with dust, allergens, mold spores, and pet dander without you even knowing about it. While portable air purifiers are fine to address the air quality needs in just one room or area of your home, whole-house air purifiers are connected directly to your HVAC system to provide complete coverage.
Air purifiers work by sanitizing the air to eliminate tiny particles that can pass through your HVAC system and circulate back into your home. Air purifiers can remove a number of contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, mold spores, and volatile organic compounds that can cause poor indoor air quality. Oftentimes, combining an air purifier with a HEPA filter offers the highest level of protection for your home.
Some air purifiers use UV lights to kill microorganisms. As airborne contaminants pass through your central heating and cooling system, they are exposed to UV rays, rendering the contaminants ineffective and preventing them from causing health issues for you and your family members.
If you want significantly healthier indoor air quality, reach out to the professional technicians at Armor Air to learn more about having a UV light air purifier installed in your Indianapolis area home to ensure it has fresh air.
Air Duct Services
The ductwork in your home plays a vital role in the overall function of your heating and air conditioning system. Ductwork transports conditioned air from your central HVAC system to your home’s vents and into living areas. Out of sight and out of mind, though, ductwork can often become contaminated with a variety of unwanted things, including dust, dirt, and mold, and can even be hangouts for insects and rodents.
Armor Air offers a full range of duct services including:
- Air Duct Cleaning. Air duct cleaning isn’t a service that needs to be performed regularly. However, it’s a good rule of thumb to have your ducts inspected and cleaned about every 3 to 5 years to limit indoor air pollutants that can cause poor air quality. You may want to consider increasing the frequency of duct cleaning if you have animals, there’s a smoker in your home, or you have family members with allergies or asthma.
- Air Duct Repair and Air Duct Sealing. Air duct repair is a crucial aspect of maintaining a properly functioning HVAC system and ensuring optimal indoor air quality. Over time, air ducts can develop leaks, cracks, or other damage, which can lead to air leakage and inefficient airflow. This not only compromises the performance of the HVAC system but also allows dust, contaminants, and allergens to enter the ductwork and circulate throughout the home. Air duct repair involves identifying and sealing any leaks or damage and restoring the integrity of the duct system. By addressing air duct issues promptly, homeowners can improve energy efficiency, enhance indoor air quality, and ensure the proper distribution of conditioned air, resulting in a more comfortable and healthier living environment.
Sealing Crawl Spaces
Crawl spaces are susceptible to moisture problems, which can lead to mold growth, wood rot, and pest infestations. Sealing your crawl space can prevent moisture from infiltrating the area to promote a healthier living environment. By sealing a crawl space, homeowners can create a more protected and energy-efficient foundation for their property, ensuring long-term stability and minimizing potential indoor air quality problems associated with moisture and air infiltration.
Achieving balanced humidity levels throughout the year can be a challenging task, especially during the hot and humid summers or the dry and cold winters. While air conditioners are tasked with keeping high humidity levels in check, they can often struggle on especially humid days.
Armor Air provides whole-house humidifier and dehumidifier repair and installation services to help keep your indoor humidity levels in the recommended 30-50% range.
- Whole-House Humidifiers. A whole-house humidifier is tasked with ensuring the air in your home has enough moisture. Dry air, especially during the winter, can wreak havoc on your home and health. It can cause wood furniture and flooring to warp and become damaged. Low indoor humidity can also cause health issues such as dry skin and lips and scratchy throats and noises.
- Whole-House Dehumidifiers. Whole-house dehumidifiers, meanwhile, extract moisture from the air as it passes through your HVAC system. During the summer when humidity levels rise, your air conditioner, especially if it’s aging and inefficient, might not be able to balance humidity levels effectively. Installing a whole-house dehumidifier can decrease the growth of dust mite populations, mold, and airborne pathogenic bacteria, all of which can lead to health issues.
Attic insulation plays a crucial role in maintaining energy efficiency and temperature control within a home. Since heat rises, the attic is a key area where significant heat loss or gain can occur. Adequate insulation in the attic helps to create a thermal barrier, preventing the escape of heated or cooled air from the living spaces below. By properly insulating the attic, homeowners can improve energy efficiency, lower heating and cooling costs, and enhance overall comfort throughout the year.
If you’re operating your HVAC system with an outdated thermostat, consider upgrading to a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats come with the latest and greatest technology that maximizes efficiency and comfort in your home. Smart thermostats allow you to control your thermostat from your smartphone from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. This is incredibly convenient if you left home for work or a vacation and forgot to adjust the thermostat. They can also learn your temperature preferences over time and make automatic adjustments.
Contact Armor Air for the installation of a smart, programmable, or non-programmable thermostat.
Contact Armor Air for Indoor Air Quality Services in Murfreesboro, TN
At Armor Air, we care about the health of our customers, which is why we offer a full range of indoor air quality solutions, including indoor air testing, to improve indoor air quality. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, contact our team today.